While naming your newborn daughter might sound easy at first the amount of choices for baby girl names seems endless. There is nothing wrong with choosing a rather old fashioned name for a girl. We have compiled the Top50 list of Old Fashioned Ladies Names to choose from.
5 reasons to choose an old fashioned name for a girl
- Most of the older names are somewhat timeless
- An old name is more likely to sound ‘good’ if your daughter will be older
- Most old fashioned names for upcoming ladies are easier to remember as they have been around for some time
- Many names on our list of old names for ladies even appear in the bible like Sarah or Ethel
- Some of the older names for girls sound even more exotic after almost 15 decades e.g. like Myrtle
Here is the list the Top 50 Old Fashioned Ladies Names
We have chosen the births that were recorded back in 1880 – so the list is almost 150 years old.