Naming your newborn daughter might sound easy at first – but the shere amount of names to choose for a baby girl names seems kind of endless. It is absolutely fine to choose a rather old fashioned name for a girl. We have compiled the Top50 list of Old Fashioned women’s names for you.
Good reasons for an old fashioned name for a girl
- Many of the older girls names are somewhat timeless
- An old woman’s name is more likely to sound ‘good’ if your daughter will be older
- Most old fashioned names for women are easier to remember as they have been around for some time
- Many names on our list of old names for a woman even appear in the bible like Sarah or Ethel
- Some of the older names for girls sound even more exotic after more than 100 years
Here is the list the Top 50 old fashioned women’s names
Please feel free to change the amount of visible women’s names to 50 in order to see the full list.
We have chosen the names of girls that were recorded back from 1890 – so the list is more than 100 years old.